Shepherd CostumeIn Stock, Ready To ShipOur Price: $39.00
Deluxe Premier Plush Santa SuitIn Stock, Ready To ShipOur Price: $125.00
How to Make Your Own Wrinkles
Wrinkles just provide that ultimate touch to the old man or old woman costume you are putting together. Let’s face it you can throw on the drab, polyester pants, add the conservative outdated polyester shirt, even the support hose and argyle socks and it’s just not enough to really say geriatric. You add the bifocals and the plaid mismatched sport coat. You powder up your hair or put on a wig and you even grab a cane or a walker. Sure, that gets you closer, but you just haven’t nailed the elderly look until your face looks like something close to the texture of an old, well-used football.
No need to worry. You don’t have to go outside, sit in the sun and try to prematurely age your skin. You can make wrinkles and other such glorious skin effects without risking skin cancer and it’s ever so easy.
Grab some white school glue. Choosing your glue is really important so let’s not rush over this point too quickly. Repeat after me:
“Gorilla Glue . . . bad.”
“Rubber cement . . . bad.”
“Super Glue . . . super bad.”
“White, non-toxic school glue . . . safe.”
Now that we’ve got that down, let’s move on to the nitty-gritty of wrinkles and other skin conditions.
- Spread a thin layer of glue onto a section of stretched skin. For the cheeks, you can puff them up with air. For other areas, stretch the skin with your fingers.
- Lightly blow dry or wait for the glue to dry then release and you’ve got wrinkles.
- Work in small patches or areas of skin at a time.
- If you want dry, wrinkly skin, lightly rub your hand over the glue after it’s dry.
- If you want more of a diseased, monster, or alien look to your skin, add some wet cereal flakes to the glue when you spread it on. Experiment with other materials such as salt, grains, tissue paper, lengths of thread, and such to get just the look you want.
- For moles and bumps, glue a wet piece of puffed wheat to your skin as you spread the glue. When the glue is dry, you can use make up or face paint to color it.